It can sometimes seem that, as an employee, you have few rights and very little recourse if your boss does something wrong. Nothing is further from the truth.
The State of Illinois and the US Federal Government provide you with lots of protections against illegal activities by employers or their representatives.
- National origin
- Sex or gender
- Sexual orientation
- Marital status
- Military status
- Sexual Harassment
- Hostile Work Environment
- Whistleblower protection
- Retaliation for self-protection
- Wage and hour disputes
- Employment or contractor status
- Worker’s Compensation
- FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) compliance
- ACA (Affordable Care Act) compliance
- ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliance
If any of these issues has arisen, or think that there might be a problem, give our office a call at 618-319-0265 or email us at email@example.com.