As an employment at-will state, Illinois provides employers with a great deal of latitude in the termination of employees. Nonetheless, employers often struggle with terminations, discipline, and their aftermath.
Employment law issues can cause your loss of productivity, lost time in court, and often significant employee morale issues.
The solution is to hire an attorney who can help you get your cases settled quickly and quietly.
The list of potential issues is long and significant:
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance
- Workers’ Compensation
- Discrimination and harassment complaints
- Benefits and wage concerns
- Workforce reduction
- Severance agreement
- Non-disclosure agreement
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Illinois Human Rights Commission (HRC) hearings
- Employment contracts
- Employee handbook policies
- Hiring and firing practices
- Whistleblower policies and claims
- Disability and Veteran concerns and accommodations
If you are experiencing problems in any of these areas or anything related to your status as an employer, you need to call our office immediately. We will immediately help you start damage control and put you back in the driver’s seat in your case.
Call us today at 618-319-0265 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.