Families are complicated. Let’s sort it out.
Let’s face it – families aren’t always easy. There are many situations in which you might need an attorney for your family affairs and to stand for your rights. We care about our clients with the utmost sensitivity.
We practice the golden rule: treat other families as you would want to be treated. That’s why we communicate well with each client, taking time to listen and answer questions. In the case of divorce, we know that you’re restructuring your life without a partner to talk through it with. So we take extra care to make you feel more comfortable.
Types of Family Law We Practice
There are many areas within the framework of family law. As an experienced family lawyer, Daniel Kay can help you with:
- Prenuptial Agreements: Before you get married, make important decisions about what would happen in the case of a separation or divorce.
- Divorce: Whether your divorce is amicable or fraught, you can count on Daniel as a divorce attorney who advocates for your future.
- Child Custody: An enforcement or modification of child custody (technically called allocation of parenting time) agreements can be extremely stressful. Ensure you have the right lawyer fighting for what’s best for your child.
- Child Support: Just like with custody, child support can be a difficult but important issue. A child support lawyer can help get parents the financial support that they need. If something has changed, a modification of child support may be needed.
- Division of Property: Make sure your personal assets are divided fairly during a divorce.
- Maintenance (called “alimony”): With some divorces, you can establish, enforce, or modify spousal support agreements.
- Business Asset Allocation: If you and your partner own a business and get divorced, it’s important to decide how the business will be divided moving forward.
- Orders of Protection: If you are in a dangerous relationship and want out, put safety first. We can help establish emergency or ongoing orders of protection.
- DCFS Cases. We can help guide you through the DCFS Investigation process. If you have an “Indicated” finding, we can help you with the appeal process to get it overturned.
Why Choose Daniel Kay?
Family law is a particularly sensitive and emotional area of the law. Clients are often shocked by how cold and unfeeling — not to mention expensive– most law firms can be. Daniel Kay and his staff take a different approach.
We go above and beyond to make sure every client feels safe and heard in our office. We treat you how we would want to be treated in the same situation. Perhaps it’s no wonder our reviews are so positive!
We know how difficult these matters can be. We treat every client with compassion while fighting hard for the best possible outcome.
Included under Family Law:
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Support Modification
- Division of Property
- Business Asset Allocation